Musings, ramblings, rants, etc.
- Common Blue (1/Nov/2021)A new minimalistic work for solo ukulele by Choan Gálvez which uses a G minor open tuning. Performance by Samantha Muir.
- To the Good Times (17/Aug/2021)Is it a wishful toast to the future? Is it a longing sigh to happier past times? It's an original for ukulele by Choan Gálvez. And it's beautiful.
- Treat Her Kindly (6/Aug/2021)Do goodness and treat her, yourself, everybody, kindly. A piece for ukulele by Choan Gálvez.
- Nueve de julio (14/Jul/2021)A celebratory waltz, with a South American flavour, written in celebration of a birthday.
- Due sogni d’oro (3/Jul/2021)Two short pieces dedicated to a beloved family.
- Awaiting the Rain (21/Jun/2021)A meditative piece written for ukulele in open G minor tuning.
- Undressed (31/May/2021)A minimalistic piece for ukulele that loosely follows the principles of tintinnabuli.
- Dream About a Boat (24/May/2021)Insomnia, nightmares and ukulele.
- Unexpected Ukulele (22/May/2021)Announcement of a solo ukulele concert to be streamed via Bandcamp Live on June, 5th, 2021. Choan Gálvez will play a selection of his most contemporary style compositions. Programme also includes works by Giovanni Albini, Tony Mizen, Matthew Quilliam, and David John Roche.
- Bigger Steps (10/May/2021)A three-part piece for baritone ukulele composed by Choan Gálvez and performed by Giovanni Albini.