Musings, ramblings, rants, etc.
- An evening of ukulele waltzes (2/May/2021)Announcement of a live concert to be streamed via Bandcamp on May, 8th, 2021. Choan Gálvez will play a selection of ukulele waltzes, including his collection Waltz in Progress and excerpts from previous and upcoming albums.
- In Despair (21/Apr/2021)A sombre, emotional piece, with a glimpse of hope. Written by Choan Gálvez for Samantha Muir, who performs the piece on ukulele.
- Entranced (until the End of the Closing Credits) (7/Apr/2021)A piece for baritone ukulele writen by Choan Gálvez in an unashamedly Romantic style and aesthetic. Dedicated to and performed by Donald Bousted.
- The Cheerless Walk (28/Mar/2021)Trouble, anxiety and sadness are emotions that can be put into music and expressed through the ukulele.
- Works premiered by other ukulele players (27/Mar/2021)In recent times I’ve written ukulele pieces that I’ve dedicated to, written for, or offered to ukulele players that I admire and have been gently premiered by them. Here is a growing list of such works.
- For Crispr (a Goodbye) (7/Mar/2021)A serious ukulele piece, slow, sad, and beautiful that I wrote in mourn for one of the family pets.
- A. P. Drove Me to Tears (22/Feb/2021)A wonderful 'adagio' composed by Choan Gálvez for ukulele with scordatura. Performance by Giovanni Albini.
- Waltz for Alira (16/Feb/2021)A jazz-waltz lullaby for solo ukulele, written and performed by Choan Gálvez
- Sitting by the Fountain (6/Feb/2021)Add my fondness for waltzes, my passion for the guitar music from the 19th century, my tendency to use unexpected dissonances, sit by a fountain, and you'll get just this.
- Тоска (Toska) (3/Feb/2021)A piece in which I take the classical tremolo guitar technique to the ukulele. Performed here by Donald Bousted.